PEOPLE looking for a meaningful career where they can make a difference to people’s lives every day are encouraged to visit an upcoming Adult Services recruitment event.
Tameside Adult Social Care is holding a Social Work and Occupational Therapy Recruitment Roadshow. The event will highlight the career opportunities on offer in these roles within Adult Social Care and people who hold a Social Work qualification (or are due to graduate this year) or are Occupational Therapists are invited to come and discuss the roles on offer and interview on the day.
This roadshow follows a very successful event in March where 30 people were interviewed for support worker roles and 20 were offered jobs.
Social work and occupational therapist roles are available across the teams with flexible working patterns to support the health and wellbeing of staff. These are qualified roles with excellent rates of pay and generous annual leave entitlement. They will be part of supportive integrated teams and a friendly working environment, there is a high standard of professional supervision and a focus on supporting people’s professional development.
Interested candidates should come to Tameside One, Level 1 Customer Services on Wednesday 26 April 2023, from 10am to 4pm, where they can meet the Adult Social Care team to discuss the job opportunities on offer.
Open interviews will be held throughout the day and successful candidates will immediately be offered a job.
For those who receive a job offer, the recruitment team will be available to process their employment offer so candidates need to bring the following with them on the day:
- Proof of social Work/Occupational Therapy degree qualifications, including certificates
- Proof of Social Work England/ HCPC registration
- Up-to-date CV which includes full contact details for two referee’s (one must be their last employer. Personal referees will not be accepted)
- Right-to-work documents – Candidates will need either a passport or birth certificate along with proof of National Insurance. Candidates from outside the UK should bring their passport and Biometric Residency Permit or any other document issued via the Home Office detailing their right to work in the UK
- DBS documents – Three documents from this list: passport/birth certificate/proof of National Insurance/Biometric Residency Permit (where applicable)/driving licence/bank statement or utility bill with candidate’s name dated within the last three months
Stephanie Butterworth, Director of Adult Social Care for Tameside Council, said: “Now is the perfect time to join the Tameside Adult Social Care team where we provide a supportive environment with chances to grow and develop your career. Successful applicants will be working in one of the most fulfilling roles in the borough, helping to support vulnerable adults and playing a vital role in our local communities.”