TO mark a special anniversary of playing at Wembley in the 1980 final of the FA Trophy, Mossley have launched ‘The 40’.They are looking for 40 members who are each prepared to stump up £500 plus VAT for the 2020-21 season.
Members will receive:
• An advertising board pitchside.
• Two transferable season tickets.
• Entry into a raffle to win naming rights to Seel Park along with the east and west stands.
• Scarf and framed picture for the business to display.
• Programme advert.
• Reduced rates for hospitality, merchandise and away coach travel.
• Launch event at the last home game of the season.
• The first 20 businesses to sign up will receive a player sponsorship for 2020-21 season.
Vice chairman Callum Irving explained ‘The 40’ is a new way to engage with local businesses.
And the goal is to help Mossley to compete at the highest sustainable level, represent all that is good about Mossley and be a positive force in the town.
Mr Irving added six of the 40 packages had been snapped up before ‘The 40’ was officially launched in the last week of February.
“All the club’s junior teams clubbed together and bought one package which was brilliant,” he said.
The money raised will be spent on carrying out improvements at Seel Park and on community outreach work.
The major project planned for the summer is to create a new changing room for visitors assuming they secure the funding.
They are also applying for a grant from the Football Stadia Improvement Fund which is operated through the Football Foundation.