AN escaped prisoner from Tameside has been arrested ten days after he fled police custody while on a hospital visit.
Cody Lowndes (09/11/98) of Lakeside Ave, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Tameside has been charged with the following-
– Five counts of burglary.
– Nine counts of theft of a motor vehicle.
– Theft (shop lifting).
– A Section 4 Public Order Act offence.
– Possession of a bladed article.
– Escaping lawful custody.
– Assaulting a police officer.
– Two counts of criminal damage.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Stockport Magistrates Court later this afternoon (Wednesday 22 July 2020).
On Saturday 12 July 2020 a 21-year-old man was due to appear in court in relation to offences including burglary and theft.
After consultation with medical professionals, he was taken to hospital with concerns for his welfare and subsequently absconded from hospital.